Healthy Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Kodiak Cakes pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 packets stevia
- 3 tbsp grass-fed unsalted butter melted
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- .25 cup powdered sugar
- .25 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp milk if needed
- coconut oil cooking spray
- To make the cinnamon streusel, in a small bowl whisk together 3 tbsp melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until combined. Pour streusel into a ziplock bag or pastry bag. When ready to cook pancakes, cut a small slit at the bottom of the bag; this way you will be able to swirl in the streusel into the pancakes.
- To make the icing, combine yogurt, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, 1 stevia packet and ¼ tsp salt. Stir to fully combine. If needed, add a few tablespoons of milk to thin out. Set aside.
- Now make the pancakes. In a large bowl whisk together pancake mix, water and second stevia packet.
- In a large skillet heat on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. When pan is hot use a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop pancake batter and pour onto the pan. Repeat to fill the pan (don’t overcrowd it though).
- Take the streusel bag and squeeze it lightly, swirling in a circular motion on top of the pancake batter while it is cooking. Repeat on all pancakes. When pancakes start to bubble up, flip and cook for just another minute or so.
- Remove pancakes, and repeat until you’ve used all batter and cinnamon streusel (you may need to spray the skillet occasionally with more cooking spray). Keep pancakes warm until ready to serve. For serving, pipe one serving (4 tbsp) of icing over the pancakes.