If you are an active person who is looking for post workout meals to boost your athletic performance, you have likely not had waffles for a long time. We are here with some good news — you can enjoy this dish again as long as you make it with the right ingredients. Instead of the traditional waffle recipes chock full of grains, our grain-free ingredients are so good and good for you!
Our waffles are made with coconut flour and coconut milk, dietary staples with a host of health benefits.Coconut flour contains both protein and fiber, which help you reinvigorate tired muscles damaged during your workout. Coconut milk has a host of vitamins, such as iron, selenium, calcium, magnesium and vitamins B, C and E
This recipe follows the Thermo Diet, which is a lifestyle choice that will invigorate your metabolism, reset your cortisol levels, reduce inflammation and help you be your best self! Learn more about the Thermo Diet here.
Chocolate Chip Waffles with Mixed Berry Sauce
- 3 eggs lightly mixed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana medium, ripe, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cup fresh mixed berries raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp honey raw
- Mix eggs in a medium-size bowl.
- Add brown sugar and coconut oil; mix.
- Slowly add coconut flour; mix.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and cinnamon; mix.
- Add mashed banana and vanilla, and mix until smooth and thick batter consistency.
- Add coconut milk; mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat waffle iron. Scoop about 1⁄4 cup of batter into each waffle mold, close and cook until fully cooked (golden-brown in color). Repeat until you’ve used all the batter.
- To make the mixed berry sauce topping, start by adding mixed berries, raw honey and 1⁄2 cup water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, start to break up all the berries with a wooden spoon.
- Once sauce is at a boil bring down to a simmer for about 8 minutes, until reduced and thickened. Optionally, add more sweetener to taste. Top waffles with 1⁄2 the sauce (half of the sauce is one serving).