If you love to wake up to the smell of bacon, you will enjoy this treat after a training session as well! Breakfast is good at any time of the day, and these maple bacon pancakes are the perfect meal to enjoy after the gym.
Our pancakes are not only delicious, but healthy — made from coconut flour, which has healthy carbohydrates and fiber to regular your digestion. Plus, coconut flour is gluten free, which is perfect for those with dietary restrictions.
Bacon has gotten a bad rep for years, but unjustly so. It has been an important dietary staple forever, helping us to get our doses of healthy fats. Plus, bacon has a great protein-to-fat ratio, which will help your muscle repair themselves after a workout.
This recipe follows the Thermo Diet, which is a lifestyle choice that will invigorate your metabolism, reset your cortisol levels, reduce inflammation and help you be your best self! Learn more about the Thermo Diet here.
Maple Bacon Pancakes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs large
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 slices bacon cooked, roughly chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Whisk eggs in a medium-size bowl, than add milk and mix again.
- Slowly add coconut flour, maple syrup and baking powder and mix; the batter should be thick.
- Fold bacon bits into batter until combined, leaving 1⁄4 of the bacon bits for topping on the pancakes for serving.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop batter onto skillet. Cook for four minutes on one side, and 1-2 minutes on the other side (you know the pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles appear on the surface).
- Repeat until all batter is used; makes about six pancakes (can add more oil to the pan between batches, if needed).
- Serve with more maple syrup and the left over bacon bits.