Who doesn’t love starting their day off with the aroma of freshly cooked bacon? There are probably few foods with the ability to make your mouth salivate the way that bacon does. Ditch the sugary cereals and focus on protein and healthy fats for breakfast.
This chipotle bowl with eggs and bacon contains over 22g of protein to give your body the boost it needs to start the day.
Eggs contain a full spectrum of vitamins and mineral because they have to fuel a chicken embryo until it’s ready to hatch. Vitamin A, vitamin B12 and selenium are three of the vitamins and minerals eggs have in plentitude.
Bacon gets a bad reputation because it’s high in sodium, fat and cholesterol. However, research shows that dietary cholesterol has little effect on your overall cholesterol levels1. Why’s this? Your liver naturally produces cholesterol and when your dietary cholesterol increases your body produces less.
DELICIOUS: Thermo-Friendly Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
The science on saturated fat has shifted in recent years. At one-time, saturated fat was thought to increase your risk of heart disease drastically but recent evidence shows that there isn’t a strong link between the two2.
In reality, no food is healthy or unhealthy. It’s all about how it fits into the broader context of your diet. The source of your food matters. Stick to meat that’s grass-fed and free of artificial hormones to get the most nutrients. When shopping for eggs, look for organic eggs from free-range chickens.
All the ingredients in this recipe follow the guidelines of the Thermo Diet. If you’re not familiar with the Thermo Diet, it’s designed to help you avoid foods that are potentially toxic for your body. It focuses on carbs from starchy vegetables, protein and healthy fats. If you haven’t tried the Thermo Diet, try it today to optimize your hormones.
Maple-Chipotle Thermo Breakfast Bowl
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 2 russet potatoes 5.5 oz each
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 avocado slices
- 1 large egg
- 1 serving maple chipotle sauce
- Heat butter in a large skillet on med-low. Next, cube potatoesto ½-inch cubes. Add onion and potatoes to skillet and toss tocombine.
- Cook for about 30 minutes on medium-low stirring every 5minutes or so until desired doneness. Add garlic for the last 5minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, add cooked hash browns to a bowl, then top with bacon,fried egg, avocado slices, ¼ cup shredded cheese and 1 serving ofMaple Chipotle Sauce.