Did you know that eating post-workout is just as important, if not more, than your pre-workout meal? You’ve gone through the trouble of completing your fitness routine, but if you don’t seal the process with the right meal, you will not get the best results! Incorporating protein into your post-workout routine is a must, and is there a better treat than a delicious filet? We think not!
Your body depletes glycogen and proteins during your workouts, and you need red meat to replenish them. Red meat is an excellent source of amino acids, which will help your body rebuild your muscles stronger and better than ever.
A grass-fed piece of filet mignon will contain fuel for your body—protein, amino acids, vitamin B12 and zinc. The calcium in the blue cheese will help to build strong bones and prevent osteoporosis, helping you to keep your body in tip top shape.
This recipe follows The Thermo Diet, which is a lifestyle choice that will invigorate your metabolism, reset your cortisol levels, reduce inflammation and help you be your best self! Learn more about The Thermo diet here.
Filet Mignon with Broiled Blue Cheese
- 8 oz filet mignon
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- Wash and pat dry steak. Season well with salt and pepper all over the steaks.
- Place on a preheated grill on medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Move to low heat and cook for another 5 minutes on one side and about 4-5 on the other side, with an internal temperature of 125- 130 for medium rare. Remove from heat.
- Turn the oven on to broiler.
- Place steak in an oven safe dish, top with crumbled blue cheese and put in the oven for about 2 minutes until cheese is fully melted and broiled.