Red meat has gotten a bad reputation over the years, but the truth is that organic, hormone-free and grass-fed beef is actually good for you. This is especially true for the workout aficionados who require the amino acids and proteins that red meat offers to build strong muscles.
This dish has plenty of healthy ingredients, each providing benefits to your health. The filet mignon improves your immunity with zinc, as well as builds DNA needed for red blood cells and nerves with doses of vitamin B12. Plus, red meat gives us protein, which we need to build strong bones and muscles — otherwise, there is no point to exercise!
Red wine contains resveratrol, which nourishes our body with healthy antioxidants. Red wine also increases our bone density, lowers cholesterol and lowers the risk of certain cancers, stroke and heart disease.
Mushrooms offer a plethora of nutritional benefits, such as fiber and protein, copper, potassium, selenium and vitamin D (the sun vitamin).
This recipe follows The Thermo Diet, which is a lifestyle choice that will invigorate your metabolism, reset your cortisol levels, reduce inflammation and help you be your best self! Learn more about The Thermo Diet here.
Filet Mignon with Mushroom & Red wine Dijon Sauce
- 9 oz filet mignon steak
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1-2 shallots
- 8 oz button mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp beef stock
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 thyme sprig fresh
- parsley for topping
- Cook steak using desired method and to desired temperature.
- Let steak rest 3-5 minutes to allow juices to settle (this also helps the steak stay tender).
- To start the Red Wine Dijon Sauce, add 1-2 shallots to the same pan and sweat them.
- Add 8 oz. mushrooms to the pan and allow them to cook down.
- Deglaze the pan with 1⁄4 cup red wine and add the 1⁄4 cup of beef stock.
- Add 1 tbsp. dijon mustard and stir to combine.
- Top the steak with the mushrooms, Red Wine Dijon Sauce, thyme sprig and parsley.