Who doesn’t love a big, juicy, mouthwatering steak?
The cut of steak itself is important to the taste and texture, but so is the rub you smear over top. The only problem is, many of the steak rubs out there are loaded with ingredients that are high in calories and sugars. That’s right: sugar can easily sneak into many of the sauces we use to cook our favorite dishes. Not only that, but the meat itself can be chock full of harmful hormones.
But as long as you go for a grass-fed, hormone-free cut of steak and are careful with what you add on top, you can enjoy a hearty steak while staying true to the Thermo Diet.
Steak is known to be pretty high in fats, but its grass-fed counterpart tends to be much leaner. Grass-fed beef is also much higher in key nutrients, such as vitamins, antioxidants and a crucial fat for overall health known as “conjugated linoleic acid (CLA),” which has been associated with strong immunity and anti-inflammation properties.
PROTEIN-PACKED: Chili-Rubbed Strip Steak
As if that wasn’t enough, grass-fed beef is also less likely to have any “superbugs” lingering around, which are bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics. With all these benefits of grass-fed beef, why would you even want to consume anything else?
The chili pepper in sriracha sauce can even be a great weight maintenance aid, and can even help you shed a few pounds if required. It can even boost your metabolism and get that fat-burning engine running!
And while there’s only a couple of tablespoons of apple cider in the sauce recipe, it can still deliver some health benefits as well. In fact, apple cider vinegar should actually be part of your daily diet. It can help lower blood sugar levels and boost your good cholesterol in order to help you maintain a healthy cardiovascular system.
Everyone has their own personal preference about how they like their steaks cooked, so make sure to follow the appropriate guidelines so your steak is cooked just right.
This recipe will not only tempt your taste buds, but it’s also loaded with pro-Thermo Diet ingredients that will give you energy, burn body fat, naturally balance your hormones and even get better sleep. Now that’s a meal! Embark on a life-changing food plan and get your Thermo Diet today!
Grilled Strip Steak With Sriracha Sauce
- 2 each 8-ounce strip steaks
- ½ cup olive oil (or avocado oil)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup Sriracha sauce
- 3 each garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- sriracha sauce
- In a small bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients.
- Place steak into a large Ziplock bag, pour marinade over the steak, seal bag and place in fridge to marinade overnight.
- Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before cooking, season both sides of steak well with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- When grill is very hot add steak to the grill, cook for about 4-6 minutes, flip steak over and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes (for medium-rare, using a instant read thermometer 135 degrees). NOTE: if at this point the steak is still not cooked fully, move steak off of coals so it’s not directly above them. Let finish cooking until your level of doneness.
- Once steak is done, remove from grill and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Spoon some of the Sriracha sauce right on top.