Who among us couldn’t use more protein in his or her diet? This delicious codfish dish is loaded with 35 grams of protein to help your muscles recharge. It’s also low in carbs, only packing 12g per serving, making it a great meal if you’re trying to stay lean.
Even if you’re not a huge seafood fan, you should give this recipe a try for its succulent, cheesy taste. Codfish has a delicate texture and mild flavor compared to other fish. It has even gained the nickname “Chicken of the Sea” for its flakiness.
DELISH: Avocado and Bell Pepper Salsa
Besides being a great source of protein, codfish contains significant amounts of niacin, phosphorous and vitamin B12. There is only 0.5g of fat in a fillet of cod and virtually no carbohydrates.
When buying parmesan cheese, make sure to go with an authentic variety. Often the parmesan cheese you buy in a shaker bottle is made with synthetic ingredients and doesn’t offer the same health benefits as the real deal.
Real parmesan cheese is naturally high in protein but low in fat. It contains essential nutrients like calcium, vitamin A, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. If you have trouble digesting dairy, you’ll likely still be able to handle parmesan cheese. As the cheese matures, the lactose ferments to lactic acid, making it easier to breakdown for your digestive system.
All the ingredients in this recipe fit the nutritional guidelines of the Thermo Diet. The Thermo Diet is designed to help your thyroid and other glands function properly by increasing thermogenesis in your body.
Thermogenesis is a fancy way of saying that your body releases more heat from the food you eat. Feeling tired and run down? It might be because you’re fueling your body with the wrong foods. Try the Thermo Diet to regain your energy and optimize your hormonal function.
Parmesan Garlic Crusted Cod
- 20 oz cod fillets 4 5 oz fillets
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray withcooking spray.
- Remove filets from the fridge, wash them and pat them dry.
- Take 3 shallow bowls or plates, add flour to one and season wellwith salt and pepper. For the second bowl add egg and beat withfork. The third bowl add coconut flour, parsley, garlic salt, and parmesancheese. Mix together with fork until all ingredients are evenlydistributed.
- Line the bowls up in the order you prepared them. Take one pieceof cod, add to the bowl with flour and coat thoroughly. Dip in theegg mixture. Finally coat well with almond flour, pressing intoeach side of the filet.
- Place fillet on prepared baking sheet. Repeat process until all codfilets have been coated. Place cod into the preheated oven and cookfor 20 minutes or until cooked and flakey.
- Serve immediately.