Make Taco Tuesday come to life any day with our savory Mexican-style brisket taco bowls. Amino acids, protein and antioxidants will help to reinvigorate your body and mind after a grueling workout session. The best part is that you can set the dish to cook in the slow cooker the night before or in the morning, and enjoy a delicious taco bowl right after coming home from the gym.
Did you know that one 3-ounce serving of brisket contains 28 grams of protein, or 51 percent of the recommended daily allowance of protein for a healthy adult? Plus, brisket offers 14 percent of your daily dose of iron, which helps you to metabolize protein.
TRY THIS TOO: These Thermo-Style Fried Plantains Are Out of This World
What this means is that the ingredients in these tacos will complement your physical activity. When you damage your muscles while working out, this dish will help your sore muscles recover, and become stronger than ever!
This recipe follows the Thermo Diet, which is a lifestyle choice that will invigorate your metabolism, reset your cortisol levels, reduce inflammation and help you be your best self! Learn more about the Thermo Diet here.
Mexican-Style Brisket Taco Bowls
- For brisket:
- 5 lb brisket
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1.5 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- For Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine a Worcestershire sauce alternative
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can chipotle peppers
- 1 can tomato sauce
- Add all sauce ingredients into a large crockpot. Take the brisket, cut in half widthwise (so it’s easier to fit into the crockpot).
- Generously sprinkle brisket with rub while rubbing into all sides of the meat.
- Place brisket into the crockpot, set to LOW for 10 hours.
- After brisket is done remove from crockpot, let rest for a few minutes.
- Slice against the grain and serve!