An onion and a coconut walk into a bar… and decide to make healthy onion rings together. When was the last time you enjoyed onion rings? If the taste of fried batter doesn’t appeal to you, we encourage you to try our delicious, baked onion rings!
This is the perfect snack to grab on your way to a workout, and enjoy right after. Onions are packed with nutrients, antioxidants, fiber and folic acid that help your body to make new cells. Quercetin in the onion helps your body to burn calories and reduces inflammation. That’s like an extra workout boost without the working out part!
DIP DIP HOORAY: Thermo Horseradish Cream Sauce
While you may have heard that egg whites are healthier, eating whole eggs after working out will maximize your protein intake, promoting muscle growth. Plus, the other non-protein components of the egg help your muscle building response to be even more effective.
This recipe follows the Thermo Diet, which is a lifestyle choice that will invigorate your metabolism, reset your cortisol levels, reduce inflammation and help you be your best self! Learn more about the Thermo Diet here.
Thermo-Style Baked Onion Rings
- coconut spray
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion large
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix coconut flour, arrowroot and spices in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- When preparing the onion, peel the outer layer of the onion and throw away. Cut o the ends and cut the onions into thick slices. Place rings in water and set aside.
- Separate rings and dip into the egg mixture, then into coconut mixture.
- Spray onion rings with cooking spray and bake for 10-15 minutes