Baked potatoes are the quintessential side dish that goes well with just about any main course, especially meat and fish. But instead of just topping it with the usual chives, sour cream, shredded cheddar and bacon, adding some goat cheese to the mix can really add a delicious twist to a classic staple.
Potatoes are hands-down one of the best types of comfort food out there, and when loaded with delectable ingredients like butter, garlic and herb goat cheese, and bacon bits, their taste factor skyrockets. At a measly 110 calories each, potatoes can provide your body and brain with the healthy carbs it needs while hardly making a dent on your daily calorie limit. There are so many reasons why potatoes should be your carb of choice. They’re excellent sources of vitamin C, have plenty of vitamin B6 and potassium (even more than a banana), and are free of fat, cholesterol and sodium.
SCRUMPTIOUS: Stuffed Spaghetti Squash With Roasted Garlic Sauce
This recipe can provide your body with the fuel it needs to give it all you’ve got when working out, making this an ideal pre-workout meal. It’s also rich in healthy fats, including grass-fed butter. While butter has gotten a bad reputation for the longest time, it’s actually not as bad as we may have been led to believe. And when you’re talking about grass-fed butter, the health factor gets even higher. In fact, grass-fed butter is anti-inflammatory, good for heart health, and is rich in vitamin A. It’s even got medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which play a role in supporting the immune system and speeding up the metabolism. Further, grass-fed butter is also a good source of arachidonic acid (ARA), which is also important for immunity.
You probably won’t have to be convinced to try a baked potato with creamy butter, gooey cheese and tasty bacon bits, which is a good thing because this simple yet delicious recipe falls under the umbrella of the Thermo Diet. Add it to your repertoire and start experiencing all the health benefits that the Thermo Diet plan can bring!
Twice Baked Potato With Bacon and Goat Cheese
- 2 each 6-oz russets potatoes
- 2 tbs grass-fed butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 ounce garlic and herb goat cheese
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- 2 tbs eavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place potatoes on baking sheet and lightly drizzle with oil and make sure to rub the oil evenly onto the potatoes. Place into the oven for about an hour.
- Once they are cooked, cut the tops about ⅔ way up on the potato off the potato.
- Scoop the potato out of the skin, but make sure to not damage the skin because we are going to fill these later. Also take any filling off the top of the potato that you cut off.
- Place filling into the bowl. Add butter, goat cheese, bacon, heavy cream and mix well together. Season well with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Divide mixture among the potato skins. Take a fork and give the potato some texture (you don’t want it to be smooth) this will give the potato a nice crusty and delicious top.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt, then brush your melted butter on the tops and place back into the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.