Is there anyone out there who doesn’t love mashed potatoes? It’s the ultimate comfort food, and it turns out it’s pretty healthy, too (depending on the all the added ingredients, of course!). Take this Wasabi Mashed Potatoes recipe, for example. It’s loaded with yummy yet healthy ingredients that will give your taste buds exactly what they’re looking for while giving your muscles the fire needed to burn through an intense workout.
This recipe is actually rather simple and doesn’t call for a whole lot. Aside from the potatoes, there’s some butter whole milk, and — as the name suggests — wasabi! Yes, wasabi is not just reserved for different types of sushi, but it can also be added in small doses to your favorite carbs like potatoes to jazz up the flavor! In fact, wasabi not only makes recipes tastier and gives them some bite, but it’s also got a few impressive health benefits too! Research shows that wasabi may help fight arthritis and osteoporosis, promote healthy digestion, regulate healthy blood pressure levels, improve heart health, and may even have anti-cancer properties. Are those reasons enough to add a little pat of wasabi to your mound of mashed potatoes?
SCRUMPTIOUS: Stuffed Spaghetti Squash With Roasted Garlic Sauce
Potatoes themselves, which are the base of this recipe, are one of those “good” carbs that you shouldn’t be afraid of. They’re relatively low in calories, high in fiber, and have a number of vitamins and minerals. Potatoes — along with the butter, whole milk and wasabi — are all conducive to a healthy Thermo Diet plan that can help you reduce anxiety and stress, balance hormone levels, increase energy, improve sleep, and boost cognitive function. Sound good to you? Then try out the Thermo Diet plan today!
Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes,
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 3 tsp wasabi powder
- salt and pepper
- Place peeled and cut potatoes in a large pot. Fill with cold water just enough to cover the potatoes. Salt water well. Bring water to a boil and cook for about 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender (pierce with a knife and potato will fall right off).
- While potatoes are cooking, add wasabi powder to a few tbsp of hot water and mix together. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- When potatoes are done drain into a strainer. Add potatoes into a mixing bowl, add in butter and wasabi/water mixture and whip together.
- Slowly add in milk to the consistency of your liking. Season well with salt and pepper.